Active Roster: The active roster size is 24 players. Then, in Playoffs, the roster will expand up to 26.
Player Age Eligibility: Players without former affiliated baseball (MiLB) experience must be at least 18 years old to play in the Puerto Rico Independent Baseball League.
INTERNATIONAL TIEBREAKER RULE
If the game is tied after nine (9) complete innings, the league will utilize the “International Tiebreaker Rule.” The tiebreak will be used beginning in the 10th inning, and innings will start with runners on first and second and no out.
- The batting order will resume where it ended in the previous inning.
- The two runners on base at the start of tie-break innings will not count as earned runs if they score.
- The two runners will not get credit for being on base. Stolen bases, caught stealing, runs, and left on base will count, as will other stats connected to the runners, like RBI and double plays.
- There will be no complete game stats in case of a tiebreak.
- There will be no-hitter stats in case of a tiebreak.
The game is over when a team is ten or more runs ahead after seven (7) innings (or after the top of the sixth (6) for the home team) for a 9-inning game in the regular season. The mercy rule will not apply to the playoffs.
COURTESY RUNNERS RULE
This rule intends to speed up the game and allows the team at bat to use courtesy runners for the pitcher and/or the catcher at any time.
DESIGNATED HITTER (DH) RULE
The designated hitter rule allows teams to use another player to bat in place of the pitcher. Because the pitcher is still part of the team's nine defensive players, the designated hitter -- or "DH" -- does not take the field on defense.
- Designated Hitter (DH) will be allowed during the season (not mandatory).
EXTRA HITTER (EH) RULE
This rule intends to provide maximum exposure, instruction, and developmental opportunity while enhancing the offense in the game.
**The Extra Hitter (EH) will be mandatory during the regular season. Teams shall not bat less than ten (10) players if a position player is available on the bench unless a team has only nine (9) position players available.** (The EH rule is not mandatory during the playoffs).
PRIBL Baseball Extra Hitter (EH) rule stipulates the following:
- The EH must be declared on the starting line-up before becoming official at the home plate meeting.
- The EH may bat in any spot in the batting order. However, the EH spot in the batting order may not change during the game.
- The EH is eligible for substitution.
- The EH may be entered into the game defensively. This means that a manager can make defensive moves that include the EH, including swapping a defensive player for the EH. After that, the defensive player that was just swapped out can become the new EH. These are defensive swaps, not substitutions.
- The EH role may not be eliminated during the game, and once you start with an EH, you must keep the EH for the entire game. The only exception is if your team drops to only nine players due to injury, ejections, or players leaving early.
PITCHERS USE LIMITATION RULES
The Puerto Rico Independent Baseball League will be implementing guidelines on pitch counts and rest periods across the season.
- Players should not pitch in multiple games on the same day.
- No pitcher shall appear in a game as a pitcher for three consecutive days, regardless of pitch counts.
Daily Max (Pitches in Game)
0 Days Rest
1 Day Rest
2 Days Rest
3 Days Rest
4 Days Rest
5 Days Rest
More Rules Coming Soon...