This registration is closed.
PRIBL 2022 Training Camp
- League: Puerto Rico Independent Baseball League
- Season: 2022 Season
The PRIBL will hold a training camp for the 2022 season at Fernando "Nando" Sanabria Stadium in Rincón, Puerto Rico. All PRIBL Managers and staff will evaluate camp participants. Scouts from more than 15 MLB organizations and Winter Leagues have been invited to this event. PRIBL aims to sign 96 players to build the opening day rosters.
The Evaluation will include:
- Running – 60-yard dash.
- Throwing – catchers pop time & position player's velocity
- Hitting – batting practice for position players
- Fielding – position-specific drills
- Pitchers – pitchers will throw 15 to 20 pitches in the bullpens
- Physical Measurable
After the evaluation day, the field managers will post a list of players chosen for their teams. During the rest of the week, the teams will play daily to provide a fair evaluation. After the training camp, action will break for clubs to make the final cuts. Teams will be announcing their final rosters by the end of October 5th.
Dates: September 29th to October 6th, 2022
Location: Rincón, Puerto Rico
- Field: Estadio Fernando "Nando" Sanabria – PR-115, Stella, Rincón, Puerto Rico 00677.
- Dorms: Dorms are located in the Pista Atletica de Aguada.
Check-In: You may ONLY check in to the dorm facility on September 29th.
How it Works:
- Players arrive on September 29th (just a check-in day)
- Evaluation Day and Players Draft will happen on September 30th
- Training Camp: Game Day 1 will occur on October 1st
- Training Camp: Game Day 5 will occur on October 5th
- The final rosters will be posted on the website by the end of the day on October 5th
- Individual teams practice, Team Pictures, Media Day, and Press Conference will be on October 6th
- The regular-season start on October 7th
PRIBL Training Camp & Pro Baseball Showcase Fee: $995 per player
The fee includes:
- Lodging from September 29th (Arrive Date) to October 6th (Depart Date, if you don't make the final cut)
- Daily meals (2 meals daily for the duration of the training camp)
- Insurance Coverage
- Water/sports drinks at every game
- Spring Training Camp Dri-Fit Shirt and Shorts
- Game Action: 5 Games
- The PRIBL will provide trainers and Massage Therapists for injuries if needed.
- PRIBL will post Players' Stats daily on our website.
- Exposure: MLB scouts, Winter League personnel, and other Independent League Scouts may visit any time.
*All players are provided an equal opportunity to showcase their abilities.
Camp Format: All players will participate in an 8-day camp, consisting of one evaluation day tryout and five games of 12 innings each.
- Position players will have three (3) plate appearances daily for 15 plate appearances by the end of camp. They will be playing approximately 30 innings on defense, except for catchers, who will distribute part of the defense's time in the bullpen. Every team is going to have ten (10) hitters, and in every inning, the teams will have five (5) batters maximum instead of completing three (3) outs as a traditional format. Batters 1 through 5 will be consuming their at-bats in innings 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, and 11, and batters 6 through 10 will be hitting in innings 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, and 12.
- Pitchers will throw two (2) innings of five (5) batters every other day, for approximately 6 to 8 innings facing between 20 to 30 batters during the training camp.
All players attending camp should provide the following documentation (Valid passport or valid driver's license, social security information, employment visa information (for international only), and personal health insurance.
If you have any particular QUESTIONS, don't hesitate to contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.