PRIBL 2022 Training Camp
- League: Puerto Rico Independent Baseball League
- Season: 2022 Season
The PRIBL will be holding a training camp for the 2022 season at Guillermo Hernández Stadium in Aguada, Puerto Rico. All PRIBL Managers and staff will evaluate camp participants. Scouts from more than 15 MLB organizations and Winter Leagues have been invited to this event. PRIBL's goal is to sign 96 players to build the opening day rosters.
The Evaluation will include:
- Running – 60-yard dash.
- Throwing – catchers pop time & position player's velocity
- Hitting – batting practice for position players
- Fielding – position-specific drills
- Pitchers – pitchers will throw 15 to 20 pitches in the bullpens
- Physical Measurable
After the evaluation day, the field managers will post a list of players chosen for their teams. During the rest of the week, the teams will be playing daily to provide a fair evaluation. After the training camp, action will break for clubs to make the final cuts. Teams will be announcing their final rosters by the end of August 16th.
Dates: August 7th to August 16th, 2022
Location: Aguada, Puerto Rico
- Field: Estadio Guillermo Hernández – Avenida Nativo Alers, Aguada, PR 00602.
- Dorms: Dorms are located in the Pista Atletica de Aguada.
Check-In: You may ONLY check in to the dorms facility on August 7th.
How it Works:
- Players arrive on August 7th (just a check-in day)
- Evaluation Day and Players Draft will happen on August 8th
- Training Camp: Game Day 1 will occur on August 9th
- Training Camp: Game Day 7 will occur on August 15th
- The final rosters will be posted on the website by the end of the day on August 16th
- Individual teams practice, Team Pictures, Media Day, and Press Conference will be on August 17th
- The regular-season start on August 20th
PRIBL Training Camp & Pro Baseball Showcase Fee: $1,495 per player
The fee includes:
- Lodging from August 7th (Arrive Date) to August 16th (Depart Date, if you don't make the final cut)
- Daily meals (2 meals daily for the duration of the training camp)
- Insurance Coverage
- Water/sports drinks at every game
- Spring Training Dri-Fit Shirt and Shorts
- Game Action: 7 Games
- The PRIBL will provide trainers and Massage Therapists for injuries if needed.
- PRIBL will post Players' Stats daily on our website.
- Exposure: MLB scouts, Winter League personnel, and other Independent League Scouts may visit at any given time.
*All players are provided an equal opportunity to showcase their abilities.
Camp Format: All players will participate in a 10-day camp, consisting of one evaluation day tryout and seven games of 12 innings each.
- Position players will have three (3) plate appearances daily for 21 plate appearances by the end of camp. They will be playing approximately 42 innings on defense, except for catchers, who will distribute part of the defense's time in the bullpen. Every team is going to have ten (10) hitters, and in every inning, the teams will have five (5) batters maximum instead of complete three (3) outs as a traditional format. Batters 1 through 5 will be consuming their at-bats in innings 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, and 11, and batters 6 through 10 will be batting in innings 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, and 12.
- Pitchers will throw two (2) innings of five (5) batters every other day, for 6 to 8 innings facing between 30 to 40 batters approximately during the spring training camp.
All players attending camp should provide the following documentation (Valid passport or valid driver's license, social security information, employment visa information (for international only), and personal health insurance.
If you have any particular QUESTIONS, don't hesitate to contact us by phone at (805) 336-6616 or by email at email@example.com.
Register online via BaseballShift