The PRIBL will hold a training camp for the 2023 season at Estadio Fernando "Nando" Sanabria in Rincón, Puerto Rico. All PRIBL Managers and staff will evaluate camp participants. Scouts from more than 15 MLB organizations and Liga de Béisbol Profesional Roberto Clemente have been invited to this event. PRIBL aims to sign 96 players to build the opening day rosters.
The Evaluation will include the following:
- Running – 60-yard dash.
- Throwing – catchers pop time & position the player's velocity
- Hitting – batting practice for position players
- Fielding – position-specific drills
- Pitchers – pitchers will throw 15 to 20 pitches in the bullpens
- Physical Measurable
After the evaluation days, the field managers will post a list of players chosen for their teams. The teams will play daily for the rest of the week to provide a fair evaluation. After the spring training camp, action will break for clubs to make the final cuts. Teams will be announcing their final rosters by the end of March 17th.
Dates: March 7th to March 18th
Limited Participants: 120 players
Contracts Available: 96
Location: Rincón, Puerto Rico
- Field: Estadio Fernando "Nando" Sanabria – Profesor Tomás Bonilla Feliciano Avenue (PR-115, Km 10.6), Rincón, PR 00677.
- Camp Housing: TBD
Check-In: You may ONLY check in to the Camp Housing facility on March 7th.
How it Works:
- Players arrive on March 7th (just a check-in day)
- Evaluation Day will happen on March 8th and March 9th
- Players Draft will happen by the night of March 9th
- Training Camp: Game Day 1 will occur on March 10th
- Training Camp: Game Day 7 will appear on March 16th
- The final rosters will be posted on the website by the end of the day on the March 17th
- Individual teams practice, Team Pictures, Media Day, and Press Conferences will be on March 18th
- The regular-season start on March 20th
PRIBL Spring Training Camp & Pro Baseball Showcase Fee: $1495 per player
The fee includes the following:
- Lodging from March 7th (Arrive Date) to March 18th (Depart Date, if you don't make the final cut)
- Meals (Breakfast and Lunch)
- Insurance Coverage
- Water/sports drinks at every game
- Spring Training Dri-Fit Shirt and Shorts
- Game Action: 7 Games
- The PRIBL will provide trainers and Massage Therapists for injuries if needed.
- PRIBL will post Players' Stats daily on our website.
- Exposure: MLB teams scouts, MLB Partner Leagues coaches, Winter League personnel, and other International Professional Leagues representatives may visit at any time.
*All players are provided an equal opportunity to showcase their abilities.
Camp Format: All players will participate in a 10-day spring training camp consisting of two evaluation days and seven games of 12 innings each.
- Position players will have three (3) plate appearances daily for 21 plate appearances by the end of camp. They will be playing approximately 42 innings on defense, except for catchers, who will distribute part of the defense's time in the bullpen. Every team is going to have ten (10) hitters, and in every inning, the teams will have five (5) batters maximum instead of completing three (3) outs as a traditional format. Batters 1 through 5 will consume their at-bats in innings 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, and 11, and batters 6 through 10 will bat in innings 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, and 12.
- Pitchers will throw two (2) innings of five (5) batters every other day for approximately 6 to 8 innings facing 30 to 40 batters during the spring training camp.
Deadline to Register: February 15th.
All players attending camp should provide the following documentation (Valid passport or valid driver's license, social security information, employment visa information (for international only), and personal health insurance.
IF YOU ARE VISITING US FROM ANY PLACE OUT OF PUERTO RICO, PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION
Airports: You can use three airports to travel to Puerto Rico.
- Luis Muñoz Marín International Airport in San Juan, Puerto Rico (SJU)
- Rafael Hernández International Airport in Aguadilla, Puerto Rico (BQN)
- Eugenio María de Hostos Airport in Mayagüez, Puerto Rico (MAZ)
*All Players must arrange their flights to ARRIVE on March 7th before 1:00 PM (recommended) and DEPART after 11:00 AM on March 18th (In case you don't make the final cut).
We highly recommend purchasing a FLEXIBLE FLIGHT where the dates can be changed. Injuries or personal matters happen unexpectedly, and you must prepare if one of those happens.
If you have any particular QUESTIONS, don't hesitate to contact us by email at email@example.com.
Complete Registration Now